Spring Picks: Rocky Mountain Soap Co.
As winter finally starts to show signs of relenting, and the days get lighter, longer and warmer… I felt it was time to share some of my Spring picks for Rocky Mountain Soap Co.
This month I decided to feature the products that I was using most during my trips to the mountains… and with flu season still knocking everyone down during March, I found a lot of their new wellness products getting me through the cold, miserable, snowy weeks. I’d been struggling along with reoccurring nasty cough for most of March, as well as a torn muscle around my ribs that resulted in me having to take proper painkillers for the first time in my life (not a fan of prescription medication… but this time I caved). For someone who hardly ever gets sick… it felt like 2018 was throwing me the middle finger or a punch to the gut.
That being said, here we have my top 4 product suggestions for Spring!
- Transformative Cleansing Oil – This product is one that i’ve featured already in my last post, it’s my new make up remover and the oil that I use consistently after scrubbing my face. Currently i’ve been using the coffee scrub from Lush (100% vegan product) but otherwise I pair this product with the face masks or face polish from RMSC. The restorative oil has Rosehip as its healing elements. There are lots of products for tightening and toning the skin but rose hips are among the the best options. They carry an astringent quality, keeping the skin elastic so it doesn’t develop wrinkles. Not only that but it eliminates flaws easily, heals burns and scars, and makes the skin look younger and vibrant.
- Bamboo Face Polish – This product was one that I was hesitant to feature during the winter months as most Canadians really struggle with the dryness of the climate and this product during the winter may irritate the skin in a way that the gentler Aloe and Coconut alternative polishes don’t. I love that Rocky Mountain Soap Co. make 3 varieties of this product for the purpose of catering to different skin types. Since I love a good scrub the Bamboo Face polish is perfect after a work out to eliminate clogged pores and leave you feeling energized.
- Headache Balm Remedy – This is a new product from RMSC that has quickly become one of my favourites. I love the fact that it is a balm instead of an oil. While I am a huge fan of the roller ball remedies available at Saje Wellness, the balm has an absorbent quality that I tend to prefer. It is almost like a lotion, but I recommend using it sparingly on your temples or wrists. A little goes a long way.
- Serenity Bath Salts – Since this is the most recent product I’ve tested, I figured I would feature it specifically… however, my personal favourite is the Cedarwood and Balsam Fir salts pictured below. The Serenity salts consist of Lavendar (known for aiding sleep, anxiety and emotional stress), Sweet orange and Cedarwood. The blend is fresh but relaxing.
As usual guys, I would never advertise or feature a product that I wouldn’t use myself. These products in particular have been not only helpful for maintaining my skin during this very dry winter… but also therapeutic for my emotional and mental well being. In a day and age where there is a lot of unnecessary stress and bad news plaguing our day to day lives, we have to remember to look after ourselves.
When I decided to take a break from sharing my work over social media, it opened me up to new experiences that left me very humble and grateful for the life I had. I spent time outside of the realm of what feedback I could receive and started to look into opportunities where I could either give back to others, or give back to myself better. That involved learning more about what kind of diet keeps me balanced and healthy, what sort of products I actually felt good promoting… and which ones I didn’t. It involved going to Yoga classes with a different attitude, attending more late night candlelit restorative courses and tidying up the aspects of my life that had been sitting in disorganization for months or even years. I spent more time with my family and realized that there were friendships I was neglecting to nurture. The result was that I felt more like myself again, not plagued with anxiety and worry about the next post I would make or whether I was keeping up with the rest of my age group. Instead of reading the latest controversy online, I was soaking in the bath reading a memoir about a survivalist mormon girl who went to college for the first time. I found time to be compassionate about the things going on in the world, but not governed by the ongoing controversial debates either. I found myself investing in better, sustainable products… which surprisingly resulted in me having less stuff to clutter up my life. If it isn’t social media, maybe its your career, your finances, your children, or your relationships that cause you to worry or sacrifice a bit of your emotional health. We all have our pressure points, and while I certainly don’t encourage people to procrastinate or be lazy with their responsibilities, I also know how important it is to be good to your body and mind on a regular basis.
So take some time this April… as the birds start to sing and the ground begins to thaw, and give yourself (and your skin) a little extra love!
What’s your favourite product? Sound off below!
- bath and body care
- blog clophoto
- blog rocky mountain soap
- canadian brand
- canadian rockies
- canadian rocky mountains
- canmore brand
- canmore soap company
- chloe hibbert
- chloe hibbert rocky mountain soap
- clean living
- rocky mountain soap co
- toxin free movement